How to Set up Apple CarPlay®
Apple CarPlay® is an innovative system that allows you to connect your Apple iPhone to your vehicle either wirelessly or through a wired connection. When you set up Apple CarPlay® in your vehicle, you have access to a range of apps that will allow you to stream music and audio, navigate the surrounding area, and receive calls and texts hands free on your Bronx commute. Learn how to set up Apple CarPlay® in your vehicle with Major World below, or read our other service tips for more information like how to program your Nissan Intelligent Key.
How to Install Apple CarPlay®
If you’re looking to install Apple CarPlay® on your vehicle, there are a few things you need to consider before you start the process. First, make sure your vehicle is compatible with Apple CarPlay® and that Apple CarPlay® is available in your region. You’ll also need an iPhone 5 model or newer to use Apple CarPlay® on your vehicle. With this information in hand, follow the steps below learn how to set up Apple CarPlay®
- Start your vehicle, then check to see if Siri is on.
- Connect your iPhone to your vehicle:
- If your vehicle supports CarPlay via a USB cable, plug your iPhone into the USB port in your car. The USB port may be labeled with a CarPlay or a smartphone icon.
- If you have a vehicle that supports wireless CarPlay, press and hold the voice-command button on the steering wheel. Be sure your radio is either in Bluetooth® or wireless mode. On your iPhone, go to Settings > General > CarPlay, then tap available cars, and select your vehicle. Refer to your owner’s manual for additional information.
After your vehicle is paired with your iPhone, you can customize your home screen to display the apps you want on your daily drives in Brooklyn. If you’re having trouble connecting your vehicle to your iPhone, contact our service team.
How to Update Apple CarPlay
Every once in a while you’ll need to update your Apple CarPlay® system so it remains compatible with your iPhone and your vehicle as you drive through Queens. The steps to updating your Apple CarPlay® are easy, follow them below:
- Go to Settings > General, and tap CarPlay.
- Choose your car, truck, or SUV.
- If you want to add or delete anything, this is the chance to do that. All you have to do is delete your icons. You can also drag an app icon to change the order.
Visit Major World Today!
You can rely on Major World for all your vehicle needs! From our service tips to car buying tips, we can help you get the vehicle you need and help you maintain it for years to come. Browse our vehicle inventory today and find the perfect model for your Long Island City commute!