Queens drivers looking for the affordability of pre-owned vehicles are searching more and more for used car leasing options. But the question is: can you lease a used car? Because certain manufacturers may prohibit leasing a pre-owned vehicle, and others may only lease out certified pre-owned options, used car leasing can be relatively rare. If you’re interested in leasing from our used selection around Brooklyn, feel free to contact us today! Our finance specialists are standing by — in the meantime, read on for some tips from Major World as you browse.
The Possibility of Used Car Leasing
What is the process of getting a certified pre-owned lease or a pre-owned lease deal? Our experts have compiled some tips to help you decide:
- The option to lease prior to purchase: If your dealership offers used car leasing options, you may also be able to purchase during or after the leasing period.
- Talk with your dealership: Leasing a used vehicle is often offered on a case-by-case basis, even if it isn’t explicitly advertised.
- Consider the leasing restrictions: Certain maintenance requirements and mileage limits come particularly stringent with used car leasing around Brooklyn. Love road trips or a long commute? If you go over your limits, you’ll risk incurring higher fees at the end of your lease.
- Figure in the cost of insurance. Often the answer to “Can you lease a used car?” depends on whether the driver is asked to purchase extra coverage for a leased vehicle. The lower price tag may mean lower insurance costs, but this may not balance out the expense of extra coverage.
Buying vs. Leasing
Even when looking for a lease with a used car, there are some significant advantages to both financing and leasing. See below to help you decide: The Benefits of Ownership:
- Less Cost Over Time: Savings when buying is significant. After your loan is paid off, all you have to concern yourself with is regular upkeep and budgeting for gas.
- Financing Options: Financing is considered more common and straightforward. Any type of credit may find financing and its range of options more attractive.
- Complete Ownership: Personalize your vehicle, sell it whenever you please, and drive it to the farthest stretches of road. Leasing contracts will come with mileage and use restrictions that some drivers prefer not to deal with.
Major Benefits of Leasing:
- Higher Approval Rate: For those with no credit or less-than-perfect credit, leasing is a favorite option, as it is easier to be approved than buying outright.
- Lower Payments: Leasing means much less up-front costs–financing may tack on higher sales tax, down payments, and the possibility of other fees.
- Flexibility: Leases typically only last a few years, and returning a vehicle to snag the next upgrade is as simple as dropping off the keys and working out a new contract with your favorite model.
Trust the Finance Experts at Major World
Whatever your needs and driving style, there’s certainly an option for you in Bronx with Major World. Learn about your in-house financing options or the ins and outs of liability insurance to help you make your next decision. Our dedicated finance center experts have all the information you need to make your next lease or purchase a breeze.