CPO vs. Used: What’s the Difference?
In the Long Island City car market there are two types of used vehicles you can buy: used and certified pre-owned. What is the difference between used and certified pre-owned (CPO)? In general, vehicles are required to meet certain standards set by the manufacturer to receive the CPO designation. Used vehicles, on the other hand, have more relaxed criteria they must meet to be sold at a local dealership. Learn more about the difference between used and certified pre-owned vehicles below, or contact our team if you have any questions.
Used Car Qualifications
A used vehicle is a sedan, truck, or SUV that has had a previous owner. They will vary in terms of mileage, model year, and trim level at your local Queens car dealership. When it comes to a CPO vs. used comparison, a used vehicle is priced lower than new vehicles and certified pre-owned vehicles. They will also depreciate at a slower pace so you can resell them later on for a good profit. See what else used vehicles have to offer below:
- Used vehicles that come into Major World are thoroughly inspected to ensure their quality and safety on Brooklyn roads.
- While you may think you need to shy away from vehicles with 100,000 miles or more on them, the truth is many vehicles can last well over 200,000 miles if they’re properly maintained.
- If you’re looking for a real bargain, explore the used cars under $10,000 inventory at Major World.
Certified Pre-Owned Qualifications
Certified pre-owned vehicles are part of a program that’s offered by their manufacturer. To quality, a used vehicle must meet strict criteria and be inspected by a certified OEM technician. The qualifications will vary based on brand, but in general Bronx drivers can expect the following from a CPO vehicle:
- The vehicle’s model year is within five years of the current OEM inventory.
- The vehicle must have less than 100,000 miles on the odometer.
- The vehicle must pass a multi-point inspection that goes over its quality and safety.
- A CPO vehicle is usually offered with extended warranty packages and additional services like roadside assistance.
A certified pre-owned vehicle is an excellent option for Queens drivers who want the peace of mind that comes with buying a new car and the savings that a used car offers. However, keep in mind that while a CPO vehicle costs less than a new car, it will still be more expensive than a used vehicle and it will depreciate faster in value.
Shop the Major World Inventory
Now that you know more about the differences between used and certified pre-owned vehicles, shop the Major World used car inventory and find the perfect used model for your needs. You can also learn more about used car financing and which questions to ask when you purchase a used car. Stop by today! We look forward to hearing from you!