How Does Leasing a Car Work?
Starting a Lease
Whether you’ve got something in mind or you’re not sure where to start, the sales team at Major World can help you learn how to lease a car for your Queens travels. And once you’ve found your perfect match, here are the next steps:
- Budget: Whether financing or leasing, our payment calculator can help you crunch numbers while budgeting for your new lease.
- Determine Your Average Yearly Mileage: Leasing a car comes with mileage restrictions which can be negotiated higher or lower. Your chosen annual mileage will affect your monthly payments, so it’s important to consider how much you drive in an average year.
- Get the Best Deal: Don’t miss out on any offers and incentives that could save you some major cash! Check out our current Manager’s Specials for an extra discount.
- Negotiate: The negotiation process has two parts. First, you negotiate for the price of the car. Then, you determine your monthly lease payment. Plus, you can trade in your old car at this time to bring down costs even more.
- Sign and Drive: Once you’ve determined the terms of your contract and gone through penalties, it’s time ot sign the paperwork and take your first drive through Brooklyn!
What to Do During Your Lease
How does leasing a car work compared to financing? Leasing a car involves more restrictions than financing, which include:
- Mileage Restrictions: You’ll have to stay under your mileage caps to avoid penalty fees.
- Maintenance: You’ll be responsible to keep up with maintenance and repairs, or you’ll pay for them at the end of your contract.
- Alterations: Because you’re borrowing the car rather than buying it, you cannot do major alterations for the duration of your lease.
- Breaking Your Lease: Breaking the lease is possible in some cases, but you’ll likely have to pay a penalty fee for early termination – so try to plan accordingly!
What to Do at the End of Your Lease
When you reach the end of your lease, you’ll stop by the lease return center to take the next steps. If you return your car, you’ll need to clean it and bring your paperwork. Then, you’ll go through any fees and find your next vehicle. But, you have several end-of-lease options:
- Return Your Lease
- Exchange Your Lease for a New Leased Car
- Extend Your Lease on Your Current Vehicle
- Buy Your Leased Car
Be sure to reach out to us with any questions if you’re not sure which option is right for you. Our team can walk you through the pros and cons of each, and we’ll help you find your new lease if you’re ready to move forward!
Lease a Car Today at Major World
Now you know how to lease a car, so are you ready to find your next car? Contact us today to get the ball rolling and stop by our dealership in Major World. We’d love to get you behind the wheel of some options, so you can find your next lease for Bronx!