Honda Sensing™ is the latest innovation in the brand’s state-of-the-art safety technology. This suite of features encompasses the latest driver assist features available on the market, so it’s no surprise that it’s been such a hit with customers near Queens. Still, some Honda owners wonder “Can you turn Honda Sensing™ off when needed?” And luckily, Honda gives you the option to adjust the settings to suit your preferences. Let’s dive into the features of Honda Sensing™ below.
What is Honda Sensing™?
Honda Sensing™ is a bundled package of advanced safety features that is included standard on many models in our Honda inventory. These features utilize technology like radar, sensors, and built-in cameras to watch the roads at all times. That means that your Honda can alert you to unexpected obstacles and road issues before they affect you, which gives you more time to react. Some of the Honda Sensing™ features include:
- Collision Mitigation Braking System™(CMBS™)
- Road Departure Mitigation System™(RDM)
- Adaptive Cruise Control (ACC)
- Lane Keeping Assist System (LKAS)
- Traffic Sign Recognition (TSR)
- And more!
Can I Modify Honda Sensing™?
While the features of Honda Sensing™ offer terrific protection against harm on the road, some drivers prefer to modify or switch off features for greater control.
- Options like Road Departure Mitigation, Lane Keeping Assist, and Adaptive Cruise Control are easy to switch off with just the touch of a button. Simply press and hold the MAIN button on your steering wheel to power down select Honda Sensing™ technology in seconds.
- You can also customize the sensitivity of certain features through the customizable settings. For example, you can tap through the touchscreen to reduce the following distance in your Forward Collision Warning or change the alerts for Adaptive Cruise Control.
Honda Sensing™ gives you total freedom to create the driving experience that you truly want.
Try Out Honda Sensing™ in Person
You know what is Honda Sensing™, but how does it perform on the road? Find out by scheduling a test drive with Major World today! We’re located in Long Island City – just a short drive from Bronx and Jersey City. Our experts can introduce you to the model of your choice and get the keys in your hand. There are so many benefits to buying a used Honda, including the HondaLink system, so stop by today to find your dream car.
If you’re still not sure if this package is right for you, compare it to Toyota Safety Sense™ today.