What is the Towing Capacity of a Toyota Tundra?
One of the best features of the new 2022 Toyota Tundra pickup is its towing capability. With a maximum towing capacity of 11,400 pounds and a tow package featuring accessories like the Integrated Trailer Brake Controller and Tow/Haul Mode, the 2022 Tundra could be perfect for your needs around Queens. The Tundra can also carry an impressive amount of cargo inside the cabin, with a maximum payload capacity of 1,885 pounds.
Each of the Tundra’s seven available configurations offers slightly different numbers in terms of towing and payload capabilities, so the team at Major World has outlined everything you need to know below. Check it out, then feel free to browse our inventory to see what pickup trucks we currently have available.
Toyota Tundra Towing Capacity & Payload Capacity
When picking out a 2022 Toyota Tundra in the Brooklyn area, you can choose between seven different trim levels: the SR, ST5, Limited, Platinum, 1794 Edition, TDR Pro, and Capstone. If you want the maximum towing capacity available, you’ll find it on the Limited trim, while the SR5 trim has the maximum payload capacity. Check out the full numbers:
- SR: 8,300 lbs / 1,885 lbs
- SR5: 11,270 lbs / 1,885 lbs
- Limited: 11,400 lbs / 1,860 lbs
- Platinum: 11,310 lbs / 1,720 lbs
- 1794 Edition: 11,310 lbs / 1,720 lbs
- TRD Pro: 11,175 lbs / 1,600 lbs
- Capstone: 10,340 lbs / 1,485 lbs
Toyota Tundra Tow Package & Engine Specs
A great towing capacity is only possible with a powerful engine, and the 2022 Tundra more than delivers. Every Tundra comes standard with a i-FORCE 5.7L V8 engine,delivering 381 hp and 401 lb-ft of torque, paired with a 6-speed automatic transmission.
The Tundra’s towing capacity is complemented by the Toyota Tundra tow package, designed to make hauling cargo as smooth and stress-free a process as possible. You’ll find features like a TripleTech exterior frame, an integrated trailer hitch receiver, and outboard-mounted shocks, as well as:
- TOW/HAUL Mode and 4-/7-Pin Connector: The 4-/7-pin connector automatically increases the Tundra’s throttle response as needed and holds lower gears for longer, making it easy to haul larger pieces of cargo.
- Integrated Trailer Brake Controller/Trailer-Sway Control: These helpful systems allow you to control the amount of trailer braking and apply the brakes if any trailer sway is detected.
- Available Tundra Tow Mirrors: With these available mirrors, you’ll have additional visibility so you can keep watch over the cargo you’re towing.
Discover the 2022 Toyota Tundra at Major World
If you want to discover more about what the 2022 Toyota Tundra can offer you, stop by our dealership to take an available model out for a test drive around Bronx! You can also reach out to our office for more information – our team is happy to answer any questions you might have. If you want to get a jump-start on bringing a Toyota home for yourself, you can apply for financing right from our website.